Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Keep Your Fingers Crossed

Hello girls and fabulous boys! New York was ab fab and I will definitely post on that soon enough when I upload some pics but right now I thought I would share some exciting (possible) news with you!

I was contacted yesterday by someone from Mississippi Magazine concerning my brooch bouquet. For those of you that don't know what Mississippi Magazine is, it's a state wide magazine that features basically anything interesting and wonderful going on in our dear state. Including weddings, restaurants, decor, shopping, etc. Once a year they put out a wedding register issue that features weddings from the past year. I've been excited since I was a little girl and saw my cousins' write-ups to have my own in the magazine. This is my year! I tediously wrote and re-wrote my article until it was just right and everything important was included. One of the key things I included was the brooch bouquet that I made for myself from vintage brooches and earrings given to me by grandmothers, aunts, moms and friends of mine and my husband's. Anywho, the pictorial editor contacted me wanting to know more about the bouquet and to see some close up shots of it. I'm so so excited! I can't even begin to tell you how important the bouquet is to me. I really hope they will go through with the article! If not, I won't get my feelings hurt. A lot of hard work went into making it and it's always nice to have your hard work recognized. Especially if it's something crafty!!






No comments:

Post a Comment