Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Perks

Stop what you are doing and go see The Perks of Being a Wallflower right now. I'm not kidding! Get your ass up and go! Having read and loved the book in high school, I had a pretty good idea that I would love the movie (unless they totally screwed it up somehow!) and I can honestly say I did. The cast was PERFECTION! This is the second non-Hermione role that I've seen Emma Watson in (My Week with Marilyn was the first) and I'm in love with her. I just want to hug her and call her my bestie, she's so adorable.

Although my husband called the movie depressing, I didn't quite feel that way. But I guess that's because I knew what to expect. In my defense, I did suggest he read the book prior to the movie. One day that man will finally listen to all my advice and be happier for it because I'm pretty sure I caught a little tear in his eye at one point. With any movie, though, a few things were changed for dramatic effect. I won't say what but the they definitely didn't changed the overall feel of things. I will even go so far as to say they made it better. Basically, it's fantastic and I can't stop thinking about it.





No comments:

Post a Comment