Tuesday, April 17, 2012

May the odds be ever in your favor



Hunger Games, Hunger Games, Hunger Games! That's pretty much all I've thought about the last few weeks (other than Weetzie). I put off reading these for a VERY long time. One of my sweet friends has literally been recommending them to me for years and I resisted. I don't like sad books, I don't like dystopian novels, blah blah. Resisting one friend's recommendation was easy. However, one friend turned into three rabid Hunger Games fanatics before I knew it. So I broke down and bought the first one for my Kindle. It was $5. I figured if I didn't like it, I hadn't lost much. Boy was I wrong!

Ladies and Gentleman, I am here today to formally admit that I was a fool to not read these sooner. I read all three books in 4 days. 3 of which were work days! (Thank goodness for the Kindle Iphone app or I may have called in sick!) Obsessed doesn't even begin to describe what happened to me. I forced my husband to read the first one in 2 days time so we could see the movie. I'm pretty sure I could've won an award for speed reading if someone would've been timing me.

Although, the movie left out a few things that I enjoyed, mostly Madge and the significance of all the bread, I thought it was wonderful. I felt like I had been watching it for barely an hour, not almost 3. All the actors were great representations of the characters and the attention to detail was amazing. I didn't think there was anyway the fire costume could be as hot (cheesy, I know) as it is described but low and behold it was! Sign me up! Cinna can light me on fire any time he wants! Meow!


Of course, I was "Team Peeta" from the start. My husband is not quite finished with the third book and is still pulling for Katniss and Gale to end up together. He was way too moody and brooding for me. Peeta was definitely the better choice. He had loved her for so long and after what happened with Prim there's just no way Gale was getting my vote.


As if I'm not nerdy enough, I purchased this lovely bracelet on Etsy the other day.


I wonder how many times I can re-read the books before the next movie comes out in November 2013????



No comments:

Post a Comment