Monday, September 17, 2012

Artist Alert!

My sweet hubby and I had a 3 day getaway in New Orleans this weekend. It's by far our favorite place to run away to! (It helps that it's only 3 hours away!) Our main reason for the trip was to attend a burlesque show (Which was awesome! But more on that later.) but we also were hunting for great local art to hang in the house. We ended up only buying one piece but we wandered in and out of dozens of art galleries. Most were grossly out of our price range but hey! They are like little museums. We were lucky enough to find a great gallery that housed a few Picasso's, Dali's and Chagall's but my most favoritest (Yes, I know that's not a real word!) artist of all was a local artist, Sarah Ashley Longshore. Her works were enormous and colorful and pop art, which I'm quite keen on. I would basically hock my house for one of her pieces. She also seems incredibly cool (of course, I googled her balls off!) She is a designer for Anthropologie among other nifty things! I wish I could post a pic of the pieces from the gallery because one was so bad ass that it had gummi bears and Storm Troopers. However, here are a few amazing pics I've been able to find on the Internets and her lovely website sarahashleylongshore.com . Enjoy!





She's fabulous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment